Updating daily from the 2011 WorldSkills International Competition in London, England!

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Competition Day 4

Its all over. Today was the last day of competition, I worked on Steering, Suspension, and Wheel Geometry (Alignment) this morning, and Ford Focus Engine Performance this afternoon. I did well, I believe scoring higher than 80% on both islands. Tomorrow we are going to take a sky tram to the Sugar Loaf, and then we head to the closing/awards ceremony. Then they throw a big celebration afterwards apparently. Interesting development today, we were informed that there will be one gold medal awarded, two silvers, and two bronze. In this competition, there are international World Skills Competitors like myself, and then there are a number of competitors from the different Brazilian states. They told us that the highest scoring competitor out of the Brazilians will be awarded the gold medal, and then the highest international competitors have a shot at getting a silver and a bronze. So, gold is out of the question, but at this point I will be very fortunate if I am able to medal at all. But we will see. I will post results as soon as I have them tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment